SCD can provide a wide variety of claims- and insurance-related services for your company. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing workers' compensation, liability, and/or property claims audits. The claims administrators could include insurers, third party administrators (TPAs), or self-administered programs.
- Performing claims process efficiency studies to identify efficient and inefficient processes, and provide recommendations as needed to close any gaps.
- Assisting clients in the selection of TPAs, medical bill review firms, or other claims-related vendors. This process includes interviewing key client personnel to determine their needs, preparing the Request for Proposal (RFP) to define the service requirements, leading or participating in pre-bid conferences, identifying several potential bidders for RFP distribution, reviewing proposals submitted, preparing scoring matrices, asking and responding to additional questions as needed, comparing the proposed fees of each respondent, and assisting the client in selecting the vendor that best meets its needs. If desired, we can also assist in the implemention or transition process.
- Performing due diligence examinations in preparation of acquisition or divestiture, to assess the reserving processes and procedures, and to determine the reasonableness of the case reserves.
- Creating claims performance standards, preparing claims procedures manuals, and/or developing Quality Assurance programs for insurers, TPAs, risk pools, or self-administered programs.
- Providing expert testimony relative to claims management practices, reserving procedures, excess reporting requirements, settlement evaluations and settlements, and other claims-related topics.